Mountain Project Logo

Market Research: Food/Training climbers

Original Post
Bloom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hello everyone,

I am working in a startup company that makes meal replacement shakes. We're looking if it's possible to make the product suitable for climbers. To accomplish this, we want to do market research first, of course.

I hope you guys can help me with this, by taking our survey: bloomfoods.typeform.com/to/…. It has 9 short questions, mainly about food and training.

Any questions or remarks? Please contact me or comment below!

Thanks!

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 190

Hmm. Not sure what the point is of meal replacement shakes for Clif Bars. :p

t.farrell · · New York, NY · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 60

I believe these 'nutritious' slops/gruels are already being marketed to climbers. Soylent cosponsored Adrian Ballinger and Cory Richards last year as part of EverestNoFilter.

I do not believe they are all that successful. It takes some serious commitment to eat slop every day. Everyone I know that has tried Soylent has not been a repeat customer...

Timothy Carlson · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0
t.farrell wrote:I believe these 'nutritious' slops/gruels are already being marketed to climbers. Soylent cosponsored Adrian Ballinger and Cory Richards last year as part of EverestNoFilter. I do not believe they are all that successful. It takes some serious commitment to eat slop every day. Everyone I know that has tried Soylent has not been a repeat customer...
I like soylent. I generally mix it with other ingredients to make it more of a full meal, rather than it's default measly 400 calories per serving.
Matt Himmelstein · · Orange, California · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 125

I lived on protein shakes for 4+ months, first by drinking Ensure and Orgain, and then through a tube while I was sick. Protein shakes have their place, and I still will power through one before I hit the gym or driving out to the crag in the AM, but I don't want to take one with me on the hill. I want something to chew and water to drink.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply