Lime Kiln Canyon - Road Paving

Original Post
Chris Massey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 5

Hearing that Lime Kiln road is being paved and is closed. Also heard both that you can still get there through town of Scenic, and that is not true and that access is shut off as well. Does anyone know for sure whether or not you can get to the crag, and if so the best route?

Julius Grisette · · Carbondale · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

I'd love beta as well. I had spring break plans, March 17th-27th to be down there.

wvazquez · · Cheyenne, WY · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 20

We tried to get to Lime Kiln on Feb 26, but could not find a way to get there. We followed the detour signs through Scenic, but it ended at a closed road. It might be possible to find a way through the maze of two-tracks through the desert, but I don't think our rental car would have been up to it...

We climbed a Prophesy wall north of St. George instead

DrewNChel · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

We also couldn't find any access to Lime Kiln. No maintain road through Scenic, despite what we had read on another forum post. Very disappointed we didnt get to climb there.

Leslie McG · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 410

This is being discussed under general climbing search "lime kiln" After seeing this I revitalized that thread and got this response from the OP:

"My original post was incorrect information via the City of Mesquite. The road is closed from Mesquite AND Scenic. So far they are allowing people to drive around the Road Closed signs on the weekends. Weekdays they will probably turn you around. Plan accordingly and please do not make a bad impression for our user group. Thanks, Misty"

Jens K. · · San Diego, CA · Joined May 2009 · Points: 185

Still no info less then a month old.  Anyone climb at Lime Kiln in the last few days? Or even weeks?

Julius Grisette · · Carbondale · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

The most recent information I received is White Rock is open on weekends at the moment.

evan h · · Denver, CO · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 310

I know someone who was able to get in on a Sunday 2-3 weeks ago. He mentioned that there were signs stating that the road was closed, but no road crews present. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply