protect the innocents?

Original Post
Kevinmurray · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0

I would like to know what innocents are being protected on the community board. I got blocked and had to log in just to see not much.More profanity and rude comments on other forum topic than on this one.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
Kevinmurray wrote:I would like to know what innocents are being protected on the community board. I got blocked and had to log in just to see not much.More profanity and rude comments on other forum topic than on this one.
You might want to explain this a little better so it makes sense.
slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,045

maybe you get out what you put in, based on some of your posts.... ?

Kevinmurray · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0

I just clicked on to see what random stuff is going on, not that there is ever very much. This is not a secret forum where young and impressionable minds are going to be warped by some of the ramblings of climbers. The quote at the top of the forum was "to protect the innocent" and to log in.It just didn't make any sense.It happened before and I thought it was silly then and it still is.
Maybe a couple of posts ruffled the feathers of a few, but it's a cruel world out there.

John John · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

It kind of killed the buzz when the ban hammer came down hard.

Ask Helenor

Tisk tisk tisk tisk tisk, Helenor Helenor Helenor. What are we going to do with you?????????

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Old lady H wrote: Helen is a real person who is tired of this Helenor crap, John John of zero contributions who joined in January. OP, I think the hope was that this is where political rants, etc. would land, but I don't recall anything much useful, fun, or interesting for quite awhile. Certainly not John John. An attic, for the time being. OLH Edit to add: thank you to the kind person who sent a pm explaining about Eleanor. I'm well aware, as I got dubbed her more than once. She's such ancient history, this ancient pulls her out as a joke, now and then, with the boys. But, the Helenor can go away anyway. John John you blew your cover in....Ah! Well, don't make helpful posts if you're trying to hide out as a lurker! Best to ya, Helen. OR. Bwa. Ha. Ha. :-)
If you know who she is and you realize no one's confused you two any more... what are we talking about?

#donttakethebait
Jim Turner · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 290
John John wrote:Tisk tisk tisk tisk tisk, Helenor Helenor Helenor. What are we going to do with you?????????
We established a long time ago that OLH is not Elena.

Long time lurker, first week poster.

Same writing style, same name, same everything.

I was here whilst Helenor was posting in full swing. Then went for a Holiday to Chino for a year and when I came back a year ago, I see this new poster who has the same old boring Trolls but under a new name, like always.

Are you blind?

Its her and nobody else.

She even posts the same old stories, except varied a little.

Scott McMahon · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,425

You guys really need to stop saying her name!!

The name that shall not be spoken

Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 265
John John wrote:Long time lurker, first week poster. Same writing style, same name, same everything. I was here whilst Helenor was posting in full swing. Then went for a Holiday to Chino for a year and when I came back a year ago, I see this new poster who has the same old boring Trolls but under a new name, like always. Are you blind? Its her and nobody else. She even posts the same old stories, except varied a little.
Hey, I don't know what happened here, but I apologize for setting this off. It was unintentional. In fact, I think my thread avatars and aliases might have been where you (quite humouressly, thanks!) "came out" from lurking, and posted.

I saw that you also posted, helpfully, in a discussion of ice stuff, so I assume you are an alpinist/mountaineer. I am not, but a long-time Idahoan, with a deep love of our remote places.

In short, you are certainly not how I first reacted, nor am I who you think I am.

I have met several Mpers in person, responding to pretty much every "coming to Idaho" query I could manage.

If that is ever you, please feel free to hit us up for a catch. I really am a 60 year old lady, and piss poor climber, but love it anyway!

Again, apologies.

Best, Helen
Old lady H wrote: Hey, I don't know what happened here, but I apologize for setting this off. It was unintentional. In fact, I think my thread avatars and aliases might have been where you (quite humouressly, thanks!) "came out" from lurking, and posted. I saw that you also posted, helpfully, in a discussion of ice stuff, so I assume you are an alpinist/mountaineer. I am not, but a long-time Idahoan, with a deep love of our remote places. In short, you are certainly not how I first reacted, nor am I who you think I am. I have met several Mpers in person, responding to pretty much every "coming to Idaho" query I could manage. If that is ever you, please feel free to hit us up for a catch. I really am a 60 year old lady, and piss poor climber, but love it anyway! Again, apologies. Best, Helen
Change is in the air. A few months ago you told me that you could drink me under the table and then carry a back pack twice as heavy as mine, up a hill twice as fast as me the next day.

Good to see that you are mellowing out a bit.
John John wrote: Change is in the air. A few months ago you told me that you could drink me under the table and then carry a back pack twice as heavy as mine, up a hill twice as fast as me the next day. Good to see that you are mellowing out a bit.
Well that's a laugh. You do have the wronnng person!

I will say, that I do smoke cigars, and box quite well, but that is literally in my dreams, and I have zero idea where that came from.

I don't even drink, don't back pack, trying hard to not lose my mobility to arthritis, and, while I could maybe make it up that hill, it wouldn't be fast, and downhill is...Problematic.

Look at my page, sometime, eh? She gardens, and cooks, reads books, works in a library, and yes, our house is overrun with cats. And, started rock climbing at almost 58. On MP only a couple years (?). Go figure.

Ah well. Good to know someone out there is quaking in their boots.

Best, Helen (no nor) :-)

Ok, so let me get this straight.

New to climbing, hardly ever climbs and lives in a place that has no climbing.

Logs in daily to a climbing site and has chipped in and discussed topics that no 60yo nOOb could ever know.

Aaaannnnddddd posts with the exact same writing style as an unnamed h-or.

I am just trying to remember why they called you that in the first place.

It was just one thing at the end of your name wasn't it? and then they added another thing to the start right?

Am I right?

Mark E Dixon · · Sprezzatura, Someday · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 549

John John, I think you are imagining things.
Helen has never mentioned scuba, or nursing, so cannot be Elena.

Not sure about you though... maybe Hellenor has morphed into Meta-llanor and is now accusing others of being her?

Michael Schneider · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 735
Mark E Dixon wrote:John John, I think you are imagining things. Helen has never mentioned scuba, or nursing, so cannot be Elena. Not sure about you though... maybe Hellenor has morphed into Meta-llanor and is now accusing others of being her?
Morning sir!

Trolls at 3am?
D
Ct

Edit:

John John wrote:Ok then, I will crawl back into my hole. But she can not fool me. Don't you guys get it? One mention of Trollanor and here comes Old Lady H all guns blazing and starting blaa blaa threads about wacky stories, after months of hibernation.
If we get 'It' ~ we have grown up!!

Ok then, I will crawl back into my hole. But she can not fool me.

Don't you guys get it?

One mention of Trollanor and here comes Old Lady H all guns blazing and starting blaa blaa threads about wacky stories, after months of hibernation.

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480

John John's Hellenor! Mind blown..

John John wrote:Ok, so let me get this straight. New to climbing, hardly ever climbs and lives in a place that has no climbing. Logs in daily to a climbing site and has chipped in and discussed topics that no 60yo nOOb could ever know. Aaaannnnddddd posts with the exact same writing style as an unnamed h-or. I am just trying to remember why they called you that in the first place. It was just one thing at the end of your name wasn't it? and then they added another thing to the start right? Am I right?
Yes, sorta new to climbing. No, don't get to climb as much as I would like (does anybody on here), but do climb more than the tick list (again, like many).

Yes, waste far too much time on MP. Yes, will actually participate in conversations when ever I wish, including when I don't know what I'm talking about.

Hmmmm...Doesn't remind me of anyone else at all.

And, yes, it is dumbfounding that a 60 year old female, who wastes vast amounts of time on MP, oh, and works in a library, somehow has managed to amass some knowledge in her poor little noob brain.

Elena, I did look up, way back when I was first accused of being a troll. I don't remember the Helenor part, or who started that, but it overlapped with me getting flamed for existing, as noobs were at that time.

So yes, guns blazing when the troll idiocy gets rolling.

You, have put some posts in.

You, are capable of writing sentences with punctuation.

You, are capable of humor.

Maybe just find some threads to participate in, be reasonably polite about it, and join in? If a 60 year old lady can stand her ground....?

The avatar photo is wonderful, by the way. Somebody got a great shot of John John. No, I don't follow surfing, but I am capable of googling an image.

No one should feel chased into a hole, but, that's your choice.

And nope, noooo climbing in Idaho. Too flat. Just cornfields.

Best, Helen (all my life. Named for.my grandma)
FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
Old lady H wrote:And, yes, it is dumbfounding that a 60 year old female, who wastes vast amounts of time on MP, oh, and works in a library, somehow has managed to amass some knowledge in her poor little noob brain.
Old lady H wrote:If a 60 year old lady can stand her ground....?
Are you playing the "age card," Helen?
FrankPS wrote: Are you playing the "age card," Helen?
You're right Frank, that's unfair. How about 4'11" badass, or, picked a fight with Hank? I'm trying to cling to my killer reputation, here, Frank, while I got one for half a day.

:-)
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply