Mountain Project Logo

New Mountaineering Podcast

neils · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 20

hey evan - listened to the newest episode this morning on the way to an early morning climbing session at the crag - this is definitely my favorite mountaineering/climbing podcast - review on itunes done!!  please keep them coming :)

BoulderCharles · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 80

Great work, Evan. I really enjoy your podcasts!

Ed Schaefer · · Centennial, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 35

This has quickly become one of my favorites, keep up the good work!

Daniel T · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 35

Just subscribed and downloaded all the episodes.  Thanks for the heads up.

Evan Phillips · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 10
neils wrote:

hey evan - listened to the newest episode this morning on the way to an early morning climbing session at the crag - this is definitely my favorite mountaineering/climbing podcast - review on itunes done!!  please keep them coming :)

Thanks for all the positive words and for listening.  So psyched to be doing this and look forward to continuing - Evan

Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 290

This is exceptionally well done, thanks!

Bump so I can find it, and yes, I'll get subscribed, get it reviewed, all that jazz.

The stories (I'm about halfway) are great, but what you really are doing so well, is presenting people, and our deep connections in the little community we call "climber".

Nice music, too.

Thats two talents I've met on here now, with work to look forward to! What a treat!

Best to you, OLH

Hey homies, episode 07 is out NOW! 

"The Power Of Being Human" follows Luc Mehl's trajectory as an Alaskan wilderness adventurer.  An introspective and honest episode.

Links //

Website

iTunes

Soundcloud

Stitcher

Google Play

Daniel T · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 35

Evan,

I might just be nit picking but I listen to your show while driving and I find myself having to adjust the volume during your music breaks.  I would suggest you maybe try to keep the volume levels equal when you are transitioning from speech to music and back to speech.  Maybe its just me that this bothers.

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 653

Absolutely forcing myself to save the new episode for this weekend's drive to the mountains.  So tempting to listen to it right away...

Chris Richards · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Just listened for the first time. Absolutely love it. Great work.

Evan Phillips wrote:

Hey homies, episode 07 is out NOW! 

"The Power Of Being Human" follows Luc Mehl's trajectory as an Alaskan wilderness adventurer.  An introspective and honest episode.

Links //

Website

iTunes

Soundcloud

Stitcher

Google Play

That's great feedback Daniel.  Thank you!  I'll work on it. Evan

Episode 11 is out now!  Carl Tobin is a force in the Alaskan climbing community.  His ascents have inspired generations of climbers.  Good stuff.

Links //

Website

iTunes

Soundcloud

Stitcher

Jesse Coonce · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 5

Woohoo! Another one to listen to, keep them coming Evan, good stuff!

Porter McMichael · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 10

I love this podcast Evan, super well done, music is awesome, nice way to burn through the drive to the mountain or through some long approach! Huge thanks!

Episode 12 is out now!  We revisit my conversation with Carl Tobin and discuss his early days in Fairbanks, AK, his relationship with enigmatic alpinist Johnny Waterman, as well as an avalanche in The Hayes Range in 1984 that nearly killed him. 

Links //

Website

iTunes

Soundcloud

Stitcher

Here's a new episode up with Ashley Saupe, host of the AAC's "Sharp End" podcast.  Enjoy!

Links //

Website

iTunes

Soundcloud

Stitcher

Jason Antin · · Golden, CO · Joined May 2009 · Points: 1,270

Keep em coming  - I listened to all the available episodes while on Denali this year to keep the stoke flowing!

Jason Antin wrote:

Keep em coming  - I listened to all the available episodes while on Denali this year to keep the stoke flowing!

You'll dig the upcoming episode with Vern Tejas.

Episode 16 // Short Ropes: Committed On The Cassin follows Aaron Kurland and his partner Sam up an epic ascent of Denali's Cassin Ridge.  

Links //

Website

iTunes

Soundcloud

Stitcher

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply