Mountain Project Logo

Weekend of 3/17

Original Post
Joe Lange · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Hi guys,

I will be in CO for a ski trip but thinking Ill take the day Sunday to do some sport climbing around the front range with a friend that doesn't know the area very well either. Looking for a moderate area that has easy access that will be in sun (for warmth). I know Golden has some climbing that might be good for this time of year so I was thinking of looking there. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Brandon Ribblett · · Breckenridge, Colorado · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 50

shelf road, cactus cliff should be good for you guys!

Brandon, meant to respond to this earlier but that area looks awesome. Might be a bit far for what the schedule is though. Do you know of anything closer to Denver by chance?

gspup · · Sweet Ridge, CO · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 5

You will find all sorts of routes to get on in Clear Creek Canyon...20 mins from Denver.

Great. Ill take a look there. How sketchy is the tyrolean approach to get to get to the creek side wall?

Parker Wrozek · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 83
Joe Lange wrote:Great. Ill take a look there. How sketchy is the tyrolean approach to get to get to the creek side wall?
If you want to climb the multipitch stuff you don't take it.

Otherwise it has been a few years since I have been over to the pod but the tree is solid and it isn't dab pulling over there. Good routes too. It should be pretty warm this weekend so you would probably be OK over there. Just be aware that if someone else is in the pod you can't really go there. Luckily there are a lot of moderates in CCC. A search here will put you in the right direction.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply