Mountain Project Logo

Moore's Wall, NC, interested to know which routes would be good on a cold day

Original Post
Carter West · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Would anyone with experience at Moore's Wall know which areas/routes would be good to do on a cold day? It doesn't look like it'll get out of the 40's until late in the day this coming Saturday. We're interested in climbs at 5.9 and lower if that makes a difference.

Side note- are there any closures for the peregrine falcons in this area? I didn't find anything online about it, but I would hate to make the trip only to get turned away. Thanks in advance.

Carter West · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Jake, thanks for the reply. We'll probably put this trip off another month, I was really hoping to get on some of the bigger routes. We had a bad experience with frozen hands at Seneca a couple weeks ago, and are trying to avoid reliving that nightmare.

Brian Payst · · Carrboro,NC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 10

Could be a little chilly this weekend, but it has been warm lately so that's in your favor. wailing wall, washboard, scrambled eggs will all get sun. Zoo View and golden earring will be chilly. There are no falcon closures at Moore's. There used to be one for the North end, but it was discontinued a few years ago.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Moore's Wall, NC, interested to know which rout…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started