Dyno's and Jump's

Original Post
Max Manson · · Superior, Colorado · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Who else loves jumps? Here's a place for anything to do with dynos and jumps! Got any cool videos? Or route suggestions? Put them here!

I'll start off with-
Anyone know any fun sport routes with big Dyno's? Post them here!
My favorites so far-
"Your Mother" 12d in Eldo, Really fun one near the top
"Undertow" 12b in the flatirons
What else?

Alex Rogers · · Sydney, Australia · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 40

I just re-read guideline No. 1 again, so have deleted my first post, and will just ask you politely to sort out the apostrophes in your title.

Google "simple apostrophe rules" and Google Grammar will sort you out!

Thank you, persnickety I know, but misplaced apostrophes are disproportionately annoying.

ViperScale · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 230

I have a strong hate of dynos. I much prefer being in full smooth control when climbing. Although they are sometimes required for some routes alot of times they are used when someone is not skilled enough to static a hard section of the climb.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 190

As a taller guy (6'3), I often find myself using big, dynamic moves to bypass shitty holds, which are especially shitty for me (nothing worse than watching my shorter friends matching on holds that I can barely grab with one hand!). Usually, I'll use body positioning and backstepping/drop knees to maximize my stretch, and it's usually more of a big deadpoint than a true all-points-off dyno. I actually kind of suck at those, particularly if there is directionality or if you have to grab two separate holds.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply