HELP!!!!

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Donovan Allison · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 25

Looking for DONATIONS from the climbing community! We started a non-profit in Las Vegas taking at risk youth and others off the streets so to speak and putting them ON THE ROCKS....literally taking them out and teaching them to climb and belay etc.
We need various size gear: harnesses, shoes, ropes, trad. gear, and cash donations to pay for the general liability insurance.
If you or ANYONE you know are in a position to HELP, please contact us @ 702-787-7771 or by email info@on-the-rocks.org

Feel free to check out our facebook page & or our website on-the-rocks.org

On The Rocks logo
a day at the office

Benjamin Chapman · · Small Town, USA · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 13,267

Hey Donovan,

How's it going? Sounds like a great program that you have going? I'd like to help and have a box containing five pairs of used Evolv Pontas, size 9.5, at least two ropes, and possibly some cams and carabiners that we'd like to donate. All of the shoes, ropes, and gear are used but in good condition and never abused. Shipping would be prohibitively expensive, but we're planning to attend the 2017 Red Rock Rendezvous in late March. We could meet you there or drop the gear somewhere. If this sounds workable just let me know.

Good climbing,

Ben

Ben B · · saint helens, oregon · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 325

Try Bikeflights.com for shipping. There's no requirement (that I'm aware of?) that you actually be shipping bike parts... but I'm regularly quoted $25-35 for huge cross-conus boxes weighing up to 35lbs.. and huge discounts on shipping multiple boxes together, too.

Is only cost efficient when you have large boxes and big weight, but where USPS would be $140, it can easily save you a bill.

Luna Luna · · New Haven, CT · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 55

zappos is based in vegas and they are pretty keen on community involvement. (they sell some climbing shoes and related equipment) have you tried contacting them? a handful of their local employees are pretty outdoorsy and may be interested in lending a hand.

if you run into an issue send me a message my best friend lives downtown and works for zappos i'll put in a good word

Donovan Allison · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 25

Awesome responses folks THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! meeting up at RR will great! MY phone # is in the post and also on the website etc. So please call me when you get to town! Ill definitely try Zappos. I tried to contact Tony Hsei on FB but have not received a response. YET...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply