Wanted: partners with kids

Original Post
Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 5

im looking for parents in MN who have young kids they would like to take with climbing. i have a one year old and it will be far easier for my wife and i to get out and climb together, while also getting the boy out of the house, if we have a couple who also has a child to climb with. that way we can trade belays and keeping the little ones out of trouble.

we prefer trad and top roping over sport or bouldering, but we could be talked into anything. we live in the twin cities and most often frequent taylors fall.

as a side note, i dont want our children bothering all of those who feel kids ruin their outdoor experience (ps if you think climbing on the MN strip is a quiet, outdoor experience, you need to do some exploring), so im happy to head to areas that see less traffic.

pm me if interested.

Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 120

Jake, my little boy is 23, and I'd climb with you! A thousand miles out of position....Still.

Really, maybe ask for a partner who is okay with your kid. A sympathetic third person is all you need, maybe change your title to cool with kid?

IMO, toddlers are a hoot!

Good luck! Helen (all the way over in Boise, Idaho, sorry!)

Tyler Beckett · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Jake, In a similar boat as you. We would totally be down for climbing with you guys except we live down in South Carolina. We have 5 kids ages 10 to 7months. Just took them bouldering earlier today. Our families favorite place is outdoors. Will be teaching our 10 year old to trad climb soon. Good luck finding someone local. I wish you guys happy climbing.

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 5

Thanks guys. I think I need to move to the mountains to improve my odds (and for the more obvious reason).

Matt Gile · · Oklahoma City, OK · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

That is a great idea, Jake. My wife and I would also like to find a climbing couple with kids. Unfortunately, we are in Oklahoma and not Minnesota.

But if anyone is interested in climbing with a couple with two young kids, let me know. We like to climb in the Wichitas and Arkansas.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply