Mountain Project Logo

Anchorage housing, climbing roommates?

Original Post
Sam Cannon · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined May 2012 · Points: 924

Sorry for vague title -

I'm going to be working on the Princess Cruisline Railway that goes from Anchorage to Denali NP from May to September and I'll be looking for housing in north Anchorage. Any locals or people who have lived in the area have any advice on looking for housing?

I'd love to have some climbing oriented roommates - if you're looking to rent out a room hit me up. I'm clean, responsible, 32 m and will be looking to climb/mountaineer and explore Denali NP as much as possible. I'll have good stretches of time off.

climbing coastie · · Wasilla, AK · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 95

Craigslist and Alaskalist.com will probably be your best all round sites. You could also check out Alaska ice climbing group and even the Mountaineering Club of Alaska on FB. Not sure if they would leave your post up, but worth a shot.

I doubt you'd want the drive, but know of a couple places in Wasilla that would be avalible to rent.

Jennifer Sauers · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 21

I'm planning on moving to Anchorage for the summer. I'm a travel Physical Therapist. I'll be looking for housing, and some climbing buddies too!

Sam Cannon · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined May 2012 · Points: 924

Found out the job I was going to be working was a bit of a shitshow, so I won't be up in AK this summer. Thanks for the responses though!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Anchorage housing, climbing roommates?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started