Any luck with a skype personal trainer?

Original Post
Bryantrace · · Washington,CT · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with talking to a personal trainer over the internet and building a workout that way? I've got a very weird set up that doesn't allow for much climbing for much of the year, and I keep building these workout routines that flame out. I feel like talking to someone and building a more specific routine would be good, but I'm not sure who I would go to. Anyone have any recommendations?

Rich Murray · · Myrtle Beach, SC · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0

I'm currently working remotely with a coach, but I saw him in-office several times before starting the program. He was my PT for a shoulder issue, and then we struck a deal to do coaching afterwards. I've since moved ~3h away from him, but communicating by email has been fine. He'll send me 4 weeks of programming with video links to any obscure movements and we do any Q&A / adjustments as-needed.

The best part is letting him program the varying workloads (what I always struggled with) and adjusting things if I get sick or I'm on travel.

Even though we started in-office, I think it could have been easily done over the phone. He's incredibly good as both a PT and a coach.

http://www.pruept.com/fitness-consulting/

Bryantrace · · Washington,CT · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Awesome, thanks Rich. I'll shoot him an email.

Kyle McFarland · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 0

whitepineathletics.com

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply