Partner for Keiners on Sunday

Original Post
wojtekw · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 5

Hoping to find someone for Keiners on Sunday. Looking for someone with previous winter experience.

About me: Although I have winter experience (most recent was Capitol solo, about two weeks ago) I don't have much experience with a roped partner in the winter and have never been on Keiners. Mostly concerned about getting back down, but if we're moving well and conditions are good, it'd be great to summit. Have two axes and a rock rack, no screws.

Joe Trabucco · · Wheat Ridge, CO · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

I did Kieners in May of 2016. You have ideal conditions this weekend in terms of freeze/thaw.

I descended via cables. However, a fellow turned back from cables (just after the crux) a few days ago with concerns of the snow on the traverse from the top of the crux to the summit sliding across diamond. But we've had sun and warmer temps the last few days, so that might have changed.

Don't go too far up the notch once you make the left after traversing broadway b/c you'll end up on 5.7 climbing. I made the mistake of going too far up the notch before cutting right onto the east face.

wojtekw · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 5

Thanks for the info, Joe. Pretty ok with weather and avi forecast for Sunday. Still looking for partner.

Christopher Peterson · · Rockville, MD · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 1,501

Interested, but not experienced in CO peaks. PM sent.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply