WTB: Harness (FOUND)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Sawyer West · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Just got into climbing recently and have started planning a trip to the Red, gym wont rent out their harnesses, so I guess it's time to buy one! As your normal college kid (read: broke) a new harness is a bit out of my price range.

Here are my numbers:

Size - 32 Waist (Medium)

Budget - $35ish

Goofy/bright colors would be cool

Also a belay device is needed, but I wouldn't mind buying that new

Cheers!

EDIT: Thanks for the quick responses! I have found a pretty killer deal on the petzl bundle on back country and gone with that

Jjensen · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

The harness is a piece of gear I don't buy used. Peace of mind is worth the cost. But if price is the big issue, backcountry.com and other similar websites typically have a couple Camp harnesses in that range. ATC and locker are fine to buy used.

Mike Byrnes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

On a side note, hit me up if you need a partner when you're at the red! I work at Miguel's and am always down to climb with new people

Cory F · · Blacksburg, VA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Check out black diamonds momentum harness. I think they are $43 on backcountry.com. in my opinion, it's a great beginner harness that doesn't break the budget. If you're planning to purchase a belay device from backcountry it'll qualify you for free 2 day shipping (need to spend at least $50).

Pine Sap · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Feb 2007 · Points: 0

https://www.mountainproject.com/v/fs-puffies-soft-shell-ice-tools-harness-backpack-headlamp-or-bd-dmm-marmot-mammut-metolius/112477466

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply