Mountain Project Logo

Seneca or Old Rag 18-20th

Original Post
Torren · · Newark, DE · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 5

Hi All,

I'll be at Seneca or maybe Old Rag area this weekend and am looking for a partner(s). The weather looks like it will be amazing and I've got monday off of work!

I've been there are few times and am comfortable leading up to 5.9 trad and am happy to climb anything below that. I have a couple ropes and a full rack.

Also, does anyone know what campgrounds are open? I've got a van so if none are open I'll likely be residing on the side of the road somewhere out of the way ;-)

let me know if you are interested here or text/call me at 302-319-1737.

Cheers,

Torren

LSW · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

I could definitely be in for climbing at Seneca. I've never been there before, but I lead 5.8/5.9 at the Gunks, have my own gear, etc. I'm curious about places to stay/logistics, though, so any info on that would be helpful.

Torren · · Newark, DE · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 5

I got a couple of replies from some old partners so I think I'm good for this weekend.

For future info: In the summer I usually camp at Seneca Shadows campground (state forest run). It's like 5 min up the road from the crag. It is closed Dec-March though. It looks like this time of year the only pay camping is at Yokum's. It has sketchy cabins and tepees you can rent as well as some rooms and RV spots. Probably not the best for tent camping. Logistics are super easy since there is only one parking lot at Seneca and it's free to climb. Cell phones do not work there so make solid plans if you are meeting people.

I've also done a bit of backcountry camping along many of the trails in the area but you have to hike in/out so it's less continent for climbing. It's also quite easy to sleep in your car/van at various pullouts/trail heads along the river and elsewhere too.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Seneca or Old Rag 18-20th"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started