climbing in colombia

Original Post
Marco Höflich · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a climbing partner in colombia. Looking to go to to la Mojarra first and Suesca later. I am on the carribean coast right now and would leave in a week or so. I am 30, male, german, speak german, english and spanish, climb up to 5.11 and have a trainers license. Am also up for multi pitch.
Anyone around? Mphilippi@hotmail.com or (+57)3219689931
Cheers, Marco

Federico Echeverry · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 36

Hey dude!

I'll be in Bogota for the next month or so, might not be able to make the trip down to La Mojarra, maybe, I'll have to check! It's an absolutely mesmerizing place, you'll have so much fun there.
Regarding Suesca, I'm 100% down, it's mostly trad / mixed routes, the area is a bit harder than many other places in Colombia. I'm more of a sport climber but I have experience following and leading trad! If you have time and wanna check out other areas there's also Zipaquira (super similar to Suesca) and Sutatausa which are mostly sport climbing, the routes are quite varied and the weather is fantastic, also both are super close to Bogota.

Shoot me a whatsapp/imessage to
+57 (319) 320 6239

Cheers!

Fed.

Erik Yde · · Salt Lake City, Utah · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 800

I am currently headed north to La Mojjara but will be in Colombia for 3 months if anyone wants to climb! I was just in Suesca and Zipa which was nice. I have a harness and shoes and belay device but no rope or draws.

Bill 1552 · · Portland, OR · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 265

Heading to Colombia in early May. Plan to visit La Mojarra, open to other areas as well although I don't have a very long trip (May 2-12). Planning to meet up with a friend for at least part of the time but always the more the merrier. Will be travelling with 70m rope and draws. Anyone else going to be there during that time? Thanks,

Bill 1552 · · Portland, OR · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 265

Heading to Colombia next week, plan to arrive at La Mojarra May 3rd.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply