RMNP conditions...Mount Lady Washington...Martha

Original Post
Nathan Hoobler · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 55

Does anyone have any update on conditions in RMNP around Longs Peak. Specifically has anyone been up Mount Lady Washington or up to the Chasm Lake and seen Martha? I know it's early in the year, but it's been an odd year.

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 175
Nathan Hoobler wrote:Does anyone have any update on conditions in RMNP around Longs Peak. Specifically has anyone been up Mount Lady Washington or up to the Chasm Lake and seen Martha? I know it's early in the year, but it's been an odd year.
if you dont get a good answer here, it would be worth asking on 14ers.com too.
Nodin deSaillan · · Boulder · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 80

Was up on Alexander's a week ago. Martha was very snowy.I'm not sure how this recent warmer weather has affected things up there, but I would think that it will a lot better later in the season when that turns to potential AI.

C Ross · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 105

Everything up high is buried. It has been warm but everything above 9000' has been getting a lot of snow. Colorado is currently at 100% of the annual snow pack and it is only the middle of February.

Yaroslav Lototskyy · · Longmont · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 35

Nodin,
What was conditions on Alexander's?
Thanks,
Yaroslav

Nodin deSaillan · · Boulder · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 80

Yaroslav, to confirm what C Ross said, everything is pretty filled in. The first pitch was completely snow covered. There was a bit of anemic ice on the second pitch. The chockstone was completely filled with snow, so we had to excavate a tunnel. The fourth pitch was completely dry. We did not go to Broadway. Snow on Lamb's Slide was not too bad.
Have fun!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply