Mountain Project Logo

2006 Outback XT Limited with Eldo pass!

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Alex Vidal · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 40

I'm tired of dealing with people on craigslist and this is a sweet car (with the rare manual transmission!) that deserves a good home. The car also has a current state parks pass (good through may!). I have a current inspection report (from a couple days ago) from Super Rupair in Boulder that has a few miscellaneous leaks, notes slightly low oil (it's a turbo so this is pretty normal--I change it every 3k with synthetic), and other pretty normal stuff for a 140k mile vehicle. I have the title in hand and will happily trade it and the car for $6500.

Features:
-DOHC 2.5L Turbocharged 4Cycl with intercooler(unmodified), not prone to head gasket failures of the non-turbo.
-Deluxe sunroof (spans both front and rear seats and has multiple "open" configurations).
-Heated seats.
-Deluxe stock Subaru stereo with aux kit for mp3 devices
-Leather seats with power adjustments
-Manual 5spd transmission! Rare!
-Driver and passenger side climate control
-2" tow hitch that I installed for use with my bike rack. It has never been used to tow.
-25+mpg hwy, 20city (What I get, at least).

A nice vehicle for the money and:

-High performing Bridgestone Potenza tires in good condition.
-Clutch replaced 5k miles ago (has 36k mile warranty)
-Radiator replaced 3k miles ago
-Both front CV replaced in the last 5k miles
-Oil changed on 3k mile service interval (just had it changed!)
-Rear wheel bearings (recalled) and parking brake shoes just replaced
-No aftermarket tuning or modification of the engine to make it faster (ie, it's reliable)
-Only putting a few miles a week on the car
-Regularly seen by a professional mechanic (subaru steve at Subaru Steves mobile auto).

$6500OBO. This thing is sweet and if you're 6ft or under, you can even sleep in it! 25mpg hwy! fast!

outback

outback2

outback3
Nick Young · · Spokane, WA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 215

Just curious - have the timing belt and head gaskets been changed out on it?

Alex Vidal · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 40
Nick Young wrote:Just curious - have the timing belt and head gaskets been changed out on it?
Timing done @103k (105k interval recommended). The DOHC 2.5 turbo doesn't usually exhibit the head gasket failures unless the engine has been overheated. This one seems good to go.
Danger-Russ Gordon · · Orem UT · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 590

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply