Mountain Project Logo

Finger Cracks in Arkansas?

Original Post
Andrew Stemmler · · Springfield, MO · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Well I'm looking to expand my collection of crack climbing techniques and next on the list is finger cracks. I've already climbed finger locking good at T-Wall but had to take a couple of takes as well as one way sunset on devils tower but just barely made it clean. Needless to say these two routes have really made me want to climb more finger cracks and I know I could have climbed those two with a bit more grace if I had better technique. I'm closest to northwestern Arkansas and looking to find some finger cracks in this region. I've already found Mud, Blood and Beer at HCR but the finger crack section is only about 15 ft. Any other suggestions for good finger cracks in this area?

Creed A · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 775

I don't know of any in AR that are really long, but Instant Karma (at Sam's Throne) has a tight hands / finger stacks section pulling over the roof.

Alexander K · · The road · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 130

Two of the best crack climbs in the southeast are Cornflake Crack and Shredded Wheat in Western NC. If you're ever out that way check them out. There are plenty of others at the NRG and RRG.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply