Mountain Project Logo

Make Neptune Great Again

Original Post
S Denny · · Aspen, CO · Joined Sep 2008 · Points: 20
snewsnet.com/news/new-owner…

Sounds like some awesome news about Neptune's new ownership!

What do you think MP?!
Daniel Joder · · Barcelona, ES · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Seems like great news! I sincerely hope it works out. There is a lot of competition out there with the internet, discounted deals online, etc. I loved Neptune largely for the expertise behind the counter--many levels above the help and advice you could get at REI. Will Dan Hare be back, for example? Or is he over at Rock and Resole now? The other thing is that they had a pretty large selection of gear--stuff you couldn't find at that other Coop place. So, lotsa luck! P.S. Gary's museum was pretty cool, too, so glad to see it being re-emphasized!

Scott McMahon · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,425

I think it's great news considering the current state of the store is heartbreaking. It looks like a Marshalls going out of business right now. Very sad.

Ryan Marsters · · Golden, CO · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 1,431

This is pretty cool. A couple recent Neptune experiences:

-I wanted to buy the Petzl ice screw sharpener a few weeks back but didn't know if it was a piece of junk. Malcolm Daly researched it in-store, found mixed reviews, and subsequently dropped the price 50%.

-I made the mistake of buying a few new Fixe aliens. The trigger wires pulled out of the cam lobes after a couple uses. Malcolm traded the broken Fixe in for a BD X4 and also sent the broken Fixe in with my address as the return. So I received two cams for the price of one, though I haven't removed the packaging for the new Fixe as the cam issues weren't resolved.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Make Neptune Great Again"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started