Long term partner(s) wanted. Bend, OR

Original Post
Andrew Daniel · · Bend, OR · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hello all,

I'm starting to train specifically for the spring PNW volcano climbing season and would enjoy another highly motivated climber looking to summit multiple peaks in an efficient car-to-car style to join me. Ideally we can train together this winter/spring by ski-touring, easy sport/trad cragging, carrying loads up Burma Road, and following Training for the New Alpinism principles. Then knocking out climbs on the weekends from May-July. I do not have a ton of technical skills beyond multi-pitch rock so someone willing to mentor me in advanced climbing and glacier techniques would be awesome! I am very safe and put retuning home as my number 1 priority in the mountains.

Besides endeavoring to summit PNW peaks I enjoy ski touring, nordic skiing, 5.fun rock climbing, mountain running, and peak bagging. And, of course, beers.

If we are a good fit please reach out, always happy to meet new people and learn from others! I'm located in Bend, OR.

Andrew

a.blair · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 65

Andrew,

PM'd you brotha. Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Andrew (Yes my anme is also Andrew)

Sandy The adventurer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 30

Hi Andrew,

Would you be interested in doing South and Middle Sister this year as the weather clears up ?
Do you like snowshoeing some Buttes ?

I did Maxwell butte 3 weeks ago and it was super fun. Am planning to drive down to do Vista Butte towards the end of March. Let me know if you would be interested. From my mountaineering experience, I think Buttes are really good to practice steep climbing.

Thanks,
Sandy

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply