Which gym should I join?

Original Post
c.leigh · · Henderson, NV · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

I'm new to the area and looking to join a gym so I can train during the week after work. Just wanted to check with the folks in the community which gym has the best lead climbing and sense of community? Any input is helpful!!

Coincidentally, I'm also looking for partners (outdoor and gym). DM me if in need of new partners, I'm stoked to start exploring the area. Cheers!

John Wilder · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,530

There are 4 gyms in the valley, each with their own character. There have been a couple other threads on this topic, so it may be worth searching for them to get other opinions.

(caveat, I work at Origin, but Ive spent time or worked at all the gyms in town and I think they all have something awesome to offer their customers.)

Henderson:

Origin is the biggest gym in town and has lead, tr, and an extensive bouldering area. There are lots of classes and events, and the new adult bouldering League has been very popular. New sets three days a week, a dedicated training area (including a treadwall), TruFusion yoga included in membership, and a full weight room. Https://originclimb.com

Nevada Climbing Centers is the other Henderson gym with a tight knit community. It's where I learned to climb and the new owner has spent a lot of time updating this facility originally built in the 90s. Lead, top rope, and bouldering available. I think they set one or two days a week. Http://nvclimbing.com

Las Vegas:

Refuge Climbing and Fitness is the other newish gym in town. It's a bouldering only facility and has a tight knit community of experienced climbers. They set one day a week, have an adult team, and a really strong youth program. Many of their team kids made it to divisionals this year. Http://climbrefuge.com

Red Rock Climbing Center is the oldest gym in town and the most unique. It has the most lead climbing (every line in the gym is leadable), and because of the unique layout, you can lead up and over and down in any direction. They also have lots of bouldering and a small training area. They set two days a week there. Http://redrockclimbingcente...

c.leigh · · Henderson, NV · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Thanks for the rundown, that's super helpful!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply