Mountain Project Logo

Turbodiesel e350 dirtbag van!!!

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
amockalypsenow · · San Diego · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 715

My wifey and I have decided to move to her home country (Norway)

So I am selling my Van- it gets great mileage and I have it at a shop with 4x4 conversion parts and U joint components ready to be installed.

It has the million mile turbocharged 7.3 and is a 1997 so it NEVER needs to be smogged in California.

Located in So Cal.

Super opportunity to get a cheap 4x4 van here.

$5,500 with conversion parts included. The shop just finished converting a van for me and they do great work at great prices.

Cameron.

858-943-1947

1997 e350 dirtbag dream van. You never need to smog this.
David Pagel · · Mequon · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 70

Meaning the van won't run as it sits and the conversion is added onto the 5,500?

Eli · · Lives in a truck · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 2,639

Can you explain what you are selling and what the end cost is here? Possibly interested but this is vague.

The van runs great, it's been well maintained. I've got a 4x4 converted trans and transfercase and other 4x4 parts ready to be installed. The only thing I've done is take out the 2wd transmission (somebody bought it). Installation can be done wherever you want to, it's not included in the price.

Ed L · · Slowida · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 80

pm sent

Jesse Toedtman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 120

Does it have a 4x4 front differential installed? I think it would be helpful to specifically list out exactly what it does and does not have along with what's needed to have it up and running as a 4x4 along with the quote your shop gave you for the conversion. That will help prospective buyers. Right now you have it listed as running great but then stating it has no transmission.

Eli · · Lives in a truck · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 2,639

Mileage?

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

You list it as the elusive unicorn. 4x4, diesel, and cheap. Not entirely though.

I would say though, depending on the miles on that engine and the condition of the body, plus those parts that it would be a steal for a local who knows how to put it back together.

Good luck on the sale.

I had somebody commit to the asking price sight unseen within 15 minutes of posting it.

Being a 97 it is indeed a unicorn.

Tim Lutz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 5

still for sale?

I have several people that want to buy the van. What do I do that is fair? Put it on eBay and let them bid on it?

Linnaeus · · NZ · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

Fair is selling it in order of who contacted you at your asking price.

Thanks for chiming in.

Honestly, I was surprised by how much interest I have received and I've had people try to offer more than the asking price, but informed them that 'no, I committed to a deal with the first person that called'...

...and then the first person flaked (And that's fine; their prerogative.)

So, I have not made or broken any promises to people, and have a jumble of offers, now I am conflicted about what to do.

Aren't market forces of supply and demand supposed to dictate price? How is that unethical?

I'm not trying to be greedy or capricious- I am a student, in serious debt, and have to establish a new life in a different country where I do not speak the language.

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
amockalypsenow wrote:I am a student, in serious debt, and have to establish a new life in a different country where I do not speak the language.
You're becoming a student in Norway, lets not make it out to be like you're a migrant worker.

I've always been under the impression that these types of sales go to the highest bidder. As long as you haven't agreed to a deal with someone, you should be able to sell to the highest bidder. I would always give the second highest bidder the chance to meet or beat the highest bid. But fuck it, you've got the commodity, set your price.
Jon W · · Longmont Colorado · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 95

If you haven't made a deal with anyone, your your free to do as you please. No one has a right to be upset at that. It is likely that whoever buys it, will flip it for a profit.

Nick Votto · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 320

You honored your deal with the first person but they bailed....you're free to start taking bids

Ed L · · Slowida · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 80

Good morning. I couldn't help but notice that the buyer bailed. My name is Ed, from Colorado. We talked about Norway, the political disaster and 4x4 vans yesterday morning. Is there any chance you would considering giving me the option to but the van now?
Ready to make it happen.
Ed

(970) 946-0792

Court · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 110

glad it sounds like you have buyers since i only came here to buy cams but couldn't resist

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply