Mountain Project Logo

New River Gorge 2/17 - 2/20: Let's do it again soon!

Original Post
Nikki S · · Cleveland, Ohio · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 0

Thanks, everyone, who replied, came out (or not). It was great fun, and awesome meeting you all! Let's do it again soon!

Natalie Sheffield · · ASHEVILLE · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

I'm up for a trip to the New next weekend; the weather looks great! Charlottesville VA climber, pretty much game for anything. PM me if you still need a partner.

Natalie, great to hear from you! I'll keep you posted.

Gummy F · · Akron, OH · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 2,530

I am at the New every weekend. Usually with a crew of 2-5 people. If you ever want to go down you can car pool with us!

Cheers!

brianszero · · Rogers, Ky · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 21

p'm sent

Chris Watkins · · Jackson, Ohio · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 5

I will be climbing in the New 2/17-19. Send me a PM if you wouldn't mind another in your group.

Since multiple people are interested, I think it could be work to meet as a group: more climbs to set up at once and/or we can put up climbs at multiple difficulties. And we all get to meet new people!

Weather looks great Friday through Monday, so I can be to the New early Fri afternoon: Anyone else?

And I'm considering staying through Monday: Anyone else?

I've been to the New quite a few times, but not so much recently (mostly climbing out West), so does anyone want to suggest someplace to meet? Maybe Friday dinner? Saturday morning coffee? Or just meet at the crag?

I'm all about some good breakfast, I'll hit up Cathedral Cafe in Fayetteville proper. I won't be down until late Friday night, but will be at Cathedral at 7:15 AM. Hope to see you all there!

Cheers!

Reply to the group if you're coming--and when. And bring a friend!

Cathedral opens at 7:30 AM Sat, so I'm with GummyFuss: let's be there when the doors open.

Anyone up for climbing Friday?

Cathedral Cafe: 134 S Court St, Fayetteville, WV 25840 -- goo.gl/maps/RxkqmCXgXKJ2

I'm in for Friday and maybe sat climbing! Group climbing is great.

Natalie Sheffield · · ASHEVILLE · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

I'll be there sat morning at cathedral! I might be able to stay though part of Monday too.

LSW · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Hey! I'm totally up for climbing this weekend, either at the New or at Seneca. Is anyone headed out from the DC area?

Natalie! Looking forward to meeting. See you Saturday morning

LSW: We settled on the New. If you can come in on Friday, PM me. Saturday morning we're meeting at Cathedral Cafe--address in an earlier post.

Looking forward to seeing you!

I will be climbing Friday morning in the New if anyone is interested. I will meet up with the rest of the group later as they arrive.

brianszero · · Rogers, Ky · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 21

I haven't been down there in like 10 years. I don't really see any campgrounds that are open. Does anyone know of any open or a place to car camp without too much hassle?

AAC campground is open, usually you can park at Kaymoor without much hassle and one other campground up the street from AAC.

NCD · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 50

Hi, I am looking to climb Monday and beyond at NRG. Mostly easier sport but would love to work a few harder climbs also or just belay.

I am supposed to be climbing with friends Saturday at Franklin Gorge on the way down from the DC area but if their plans fall through I'll be an the NRG Saturday also. I'll be free all week and might even go on the RRG eventually.

Nate Fye · · punxsutawney pa · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 10

This sounds great! I have never been to new river gorge.I will be working in Pittsburgh on Friday and will plan on being in fayetteville about 8-9 Friday night. Will have a hammock or just sleep in the truck somewhere. Would anybody want to meet up somewhere for a beer on Friday night? If not I will hopefully see yinz at cathedrial cafe sat a.m.

Aaron Moses · · Richmond, Va · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 830

I'm down for at least a half day on Mon. Maybe Sat and Sun too if my other plans fall through.

NCD, I'd love to climb Monday--weather looks stellar! When will you be arriving?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "New River Gorge 2/17 - 2/20: Let's do it again…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started