Mountain Project Logo

Partner/guide?

Original Post
Peter Odom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

I've been climbing for years and my wife has started climbing with me recently (sport and trad). We both want to get into mountaineering but don't have the budget for courses (I'm about to start grad school and she'll be doing the same soon).

We are getting the necessary gear and are planning a road trip through Colorado, Montana, Canada, Washington, and California this July. I'm hoping to get connected with people along the way who were planning to go on some entry-level technical mountaineering ventures in those areas, whom i and my wife might be able to join so we can learn the necessary skills along the way. We are good company :)

Please, those who are all about traditional methods of learning and safety, via costly professional guides and courses, don't crucify me. Trust me, if i were more wealthy,that's the route i would take.

Thanks guys!

C Brooks · · Fresno, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 546

Feel free to drop me a line when you pass through California. Lots of moderate technical peaks in the Sierras, including MANY that are not in Supertopo, and hence not crowded.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply