Mountain Project Logo

JUST PUBLISHED: The Notches: A Climber's Guide to the Western White Mountains of New Hampshire by Jon Sykes

Original Post
Jamie Cunningham · · Suncook, New Hampshire · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 85

I am pleased and honored to announced the publication of my Valhalla Brother-in-climbs, Jon Sykes's new guide book, The Notches: A Climber's Guide to the Western White Mountains of New Hampshire!!!
Be sure and buy your copy of the first edition at eaglecliffpub.com/climb/

Photo of Kurt Winkler climbing on the Upper Wall of Mt. Willard in Crawford Notch, NH. This image I took is on the front cover of the book.

Dave Schultz hope get out there and enjoy all the new routes and areas. Let us know if the book needs any refinements or edits for future printings and editions. Unfortunately, Jon forgot to do star ratings for all of Franconia Notch.

JDonigan . · · Brooklyn · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 25

got my copy as well. great resource and congrats! thanks for the hard work. definitely looking to check out the areas.

regarding the missing ratings...i did notice that at first but convinced myself it was intentional. what about some info on what the stars would be for franconia? maybe just post the grade breakdown pages with stars? not that i am chasing ratings but would be nice to know. then ill sharpie some dots(stars) in my book accordingly!

Kate Johnson · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 35

Woohoo!!! Thanks for all the hard work!

Lovey Harwood · · MA · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 325

Got my copy as well! Mahalo Jon for signing my copy!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply