Mountain Project Logo

Late-March Zion Dirtbagging (also partner needed)

Original Post
Eli · · Lives in a truck · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 2,639

Greetings MP,

I'm looking at possibly trying to do a wall, or just some climbing around Zion in late March.
Where am I going to be able to find a partner for anything like that? It doesn't seem like there is a centralized campground or gathering place for the area, so how do I meet climbers in the area?

If I want to get on Namaste should I just go up to Kolob canyon until I find a random person to give me a catch?

Sorry for posting here lately, y'all are just helpful sometimes.

Brian in SLC · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Oct 2003 · Points: 13,772
Eli wrote:It doesn't seem like there is a centralized campground or gathering place for the area, so how do I meet climbers in the area? If I want to get on Namaste should I just go up to Kolob canyon until I find a random person to give me a catch?
Might be difficult to randomly run into climbers looking to partner with someone in Zion itself.

Better bet would be to check the bulletin board at the Desert Rat in St. George (or maybe Zion Rock or Zion Adventure in Springdale?) and see if anyone local is looking for partnerage.

Or post here for a partner.
Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 175

also check out zion mountain school. the owner is great and gave us a ton of beta when we were trying to find a route last week since moonlight was too wet. he also does guided trips and would possibly know some locals looking to trade belays.

hes a good guy.

Sam Keller · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 30

Most walls are closed due to Falcon nesting that time of year. Come into Zion with a partner.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply