Looking for sport climbing and random rocks and cliff bands on the western slope partner

Original Post
C Ross · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 55

Things are already getting to be more spring like and looking to stay that way. I am looking for a partner to get out and do some sport climbing this spring and summer. I am confident on 5.10, will lead 5.10b, and love pushing myself on 5.11. hoping to maybe start getting into the realm of 5.12 this summer.

I also am interested in getting out and hitting up all those random places you see that you want to climb just to say you climbed them. Sure some might consider it a choss pile but the satisfaction of getting to the top is the same, even more if it is a FA. I have almost no trad experience but the goal this summer is to learn and build my rack. To make some of these climbs easier. I have found several climbs that with a little hiking an anchor and top rope can be setup. I have a lifted Jeep Wrangler so getting access to more remote places is not an issue at all if there is a route open to motorized vehicles. A good part of the fun is just getting out in the mountains and exploring and seeing things others that stick to the guide books will never see.

I am in the Carbondale/El Jebel area. I have Mondays and Tuesdays off until early April then I have evenings and weekends off with the flexibility to take a weekday off here and there. Respond here or send me a message.

Christopher Peterson · · Rockville, MD · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 1,416

I'm interested. I'll be in Colorado without a plan of action Sunday, February 19- Tuesday February 21. I'm looking for rock, ice, or mountain partners. I'd like to get down to Ouray maybe for some ice, but if you know the area or have any ideas of places to head, I'm with you! I'll be driving from MD the days previous so I might be a bit beat, but my psyche won't be diminished.

Hit me up - I'll PM you my contact info!

C Ross · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 55

I do not ice climb. I would like to get out on some rock. Weather is looking iffy for next Monday(2/20)/Tuesday(2/21). I am considering going out to the Junction area maybe find something in Unaweep Canyon that is in the sun temps look to be mid 50's.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply