Cassin/ Camp Warden Harness....and sizing!

Original Post
ben smith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 70

I am interested in hearing first hand experience with the Warden harness. Beyond pros/ cons, can someone speak to how it fits (e.g. medium to large, what size jeans do you wear for comparison, are the waist measurements accurate for measuring at naval/ belly-button or your pants size, etc.)? How did you size your harness prior to purchasing it (online) and did it fit correctly with your method?

FYI: I wear size 33 (waist) jeans

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Chalk Norris · · Brighton, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 105

I bought a warden medium for an aid route in yosemite. I wear a size 32 waist in jeans and it was way to big with all the weight hanging on it. I had both straps pulled as tight as they would go and it was still a little loose. Hope that helps.

Weston L · · Summerlin, NV · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 808

I'm typically a 31-32 inch waist and I have the SMALL waistband cinched pretty much all the way down and it fits well. The leg loops, however, were where the sizing caused a problem for me. I have tree trunks for legs and had to snag a set of the Medium leg loops in order to avoid a very bad/borderline painful fit. Big thanks to CAMP/Cassin for handling this for me, free of charge.

ShireSmitty · · Boulda · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 70

I'm a 31 waist and have the small. I used it on 2 walls and my experience was that i had it tightened all the way down on both buckles to handle the weight of all the gear. I also had to tape the waist belt together where the 2 parts come together (the hip side and the belay loop middle section) or else the inside portion of the waist would bunch up and move making it uncomfortable. With that easy modification it worked well. I'm happy with it and i especially like the gear loop arrangement and the wide leg loops.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply