Mountain Project Logo

What ever happened to user bearbreader?

Original Post
Kevin Crum · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 10

One of those things you don't know you'd miss until its gone. One of our dear trolls boasting of "whippas" and squamish squashing. Every time I see a comment or post ending with ;) I assume its breader reincarnate. Anyone know anything about it? Any other disappeared posters?

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

https://www.mountainproject.com/v/bearbreeders-account-deactivated/112168423__1

eli poss · · Durango, Co · Joined May 2014 · Points: 456

Most of us wish he would come back but it seems he got fed up with the BS and drama here, even though he was a part of the drama at times. But I'm sure he's enjoying the extra hours each day that isn't being spent on here. Perhaps someday he will get a desk job and come back here.

Chad Miller · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 150

He didn't get fed up with anything. He was kicked off the site.

It's true he was banned but anyone with half a brain and either good google skills or a little bit if IT knowledge can figure out how to create a new account and get around various restrictions like IP bans, etc. If he wanted to come back, he could do so very easily.

Quote from the other thread:

Mark E Dixon wrote: BB could probably get reinstated if he asked Nick. Or could just create a new account a la Elena. Just have to face the fact that he deosn't care for us any more. Some may need counseling.

He was banned.

Realistically he didn't came back because his posting style is easily recognizable and would just result in another ban.

As for just asking to come back, maybe he could if he asked nicely and agreed to change his behavior. Having dealt with him on other sites I highly doubt that he is capable of doing that due to his mental condition.

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Chad Miller wrote:He was banned. Realistically he didn't came back because his posting style is easily recognizable and would just result in another ban. As for just asking to come back, maybe he could if he asked nicely and agreed to change his behavior. Having dealt with him on other sites I highly doubt that he is capable of doing that due to his mental condition.
Just because you get banned doesn't mean you can't have a conversation with the Mountain Project peeps and come back to the party. This has happened recently

I agree and said as much.

Tradgic Yogurt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 55

He's been hard at work: See.

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Chad Miller wrote:I agree and said as much.
You wrote maybe. I wanted to let everyone it's worked.
Chad Miller wrote:He was banned. Realistically he didn't came back because his posting style is easily recognizable and would just result in another ban. As for just asking to come back, maybe he could if he asked nicely and agreed to change his behavior. Having dealt with him on other sites I highly doubt that he is capable of doing that due to his mental condition.
It's one thing to judge a person's behavior online. It's another thing entirely to say that somebody you don't even know suffers from a mental illness and the stigma that comes with it. I suggest you think about Rule 1 before posting shit like this again.

I have met him in person. He's not shy about the condition he has. Oh and it's not a mental illness.

Jason Kim · · Encinitas, CA · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 255

I want to know more.

sherb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 60

I didn't think BB was that bad (I've seen much worse on here who managed to stay) and it was probably liberating to be kicked off MP. I went off Fb for a while and it was great. Desk job is right. I wouldn't be cruising the MP forums (except for partners & route guide) if I wasn't working a desk job 24/7. Hard to believe everyone else is in the same predicament.

Addem Bursh · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 855
Chad Miller wrote:I have met him in person. He's not shy about the condition he has. Oh and it's not a mental illness.
micropenis?

it's going around
T Roper · · DC,VA,NM,UT,CT,MA · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 860

I miss the daily fighting too, all the new mtn project know-it-alls are boring as hell.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply