Kingman climbing buckle - thoughts?

Original Post
Hobo Greg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 110

Says 10cm I think that's strong enough for climbing but I just wanna make sure before I build my rack with these. They're two dollars cheaper than a brand new nootrinoes!

Yer DEF gonna die!

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

its says "climbing" on it....what could possibly go wrong?

Walter Galli · · Sint Maarten · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 1,956

You are gonna die..... Wath a piece of Crap... I want even used for hanging my shoes...

Josiah Ferguson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 15

It's actually a bit crazy that it's ONLY 2 bucks less than a neutrino. I suppose it goes to show how jacked up the prices of random trinkets are or something.

johnnyrig · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 105

Well, it appears to be some sort of steel. Possibly chromed for durability, unlike those other "brand name" carabiners that are only anodized in various colors for coordinating with your lycra.

Additionally, unlike some of those "other" biners, it has a nice round curvature that is nearly ideal for employment of the muenter hitch, making this a practically ideal carabiner for things like belaying noobish leaders and repelling at the popular gym-style crags. As an added measure of confidence, the oft-beleaguered nose wherein engagement of the gate-to-body interface has been known to occasional cause the mysterious de-sheathing of a climber's rope (aka: coreshot) has been rendered apparently smooth, meaning with a flick of the old athletic tape you've not only got a seamless transition from gate to body; but an intrinsically solid locking biner as well.

I say, if you can work in a bulk deal for at least 10 of them, plus a pair of the lanyard-equipped benight-light to the right and a Febreeze air freshener for at least a 10% discount, you'll be sending the Dawn Wall in style before the spring thaw.

Bill Czajkowski · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 30

Is that Kingman like the movie?

Does it have other, hidden and deadly, functionality? Where did you find it?

Rob Warden...Space Lizard · · Between Zion, Vegas, LA, an... · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 115

They are spelled noobtrinos... jeez

Walter Galli · · Sint Maarten · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 1,956

i will not use it to hang the urine bottle and poop on the big walls, just in case brake on someone below...lol

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply