Yakima Community

Original Post
Tommy Barker · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 75

Hey all, I just got back from an interview in Yakima. I was wondering about the climbing community. Anyone have any insight they can provide? Also, there is no gym from what I can tell... Anyone with a sweet garage woody??
Thanks!

Hans Martin · · Seattle · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Yeah, I grew up climbing in Yakima and now reside in Seattle. Basically, if you want to climb you go up Hwy 12. There you will find Tieton, Lava Point, and Wildcat Wall, etc. I recommend going to the Sporthaus in Yakima to pick up a copy of the guidebook. My favorite places to climb is the Bend and Wildcat Wall.
Yakima is a funny place, really. So close to so many outdoor resources, but very very small community of people that actually utilize its potential.

Khoi · · Vancouver, BC · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 0
Hans Martin wrote:Yeah, I grew up climbing in Yakima and now reside in Seattle. Basically, if you want to climb you go up Hwy 12. There you will find Tieton, Lava Point, and Wildcat Wall, etc. I recommend going to the Sporthaus in Yakima to pick up a copy of the guidebook. My favorite places to climb is the Bend and Wildcat Wall. Yakima is a funny place, really. So close to so many outdoor resources, but very very small community of people that actually utilize its potential.
The benefit to that is you often get the whole crag all to yourself!
Tommy Barker · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 75

Good to know. Hopefully I will be able to find a partner or two!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply