Omg !
forgot !
SHUT-EYE RIDGE !

Older overview of other Cali. areas,

summitorplummet.blogspot.co…

Eli Buzzell · · noco · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5,507

Bumpity?

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

One more consideration for August, is the total solar eclipse. Word is pretty huge crowds expected, and many places fully booked up, long ago, at least in Idaho. Camping could be problematic. I'm guessing it's the same for Tetons/Wyoming and perhaps Oregon as well. An awful lot of people will be trying to drive a little north/south for totality, so there's that also.

Best, OLH

If you come through Boise at some point, ya gotta catch here, at least!

ccaissie · · Whitefield, ME · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 20

Right, the Eclipse August 21.  i plan to be hiking in the Wind River Range, supposedly the best possible weather statistics for clear sky probability.

Hopefully, i'm deep in Ttitcomb Basin, away from crowds, though I imagine there's going to be a lot of hike/climb traffic at some of these hot spots... like Jackson.  

I imagine nearby spots will be packed...Jackson, Yellowstone, or any nice area within a day drive of the path.  you can get a google earth overlay of the path, but for me, Grand Teton and Gannett peak on the path is good enough.

Ryan Bottesini · · From the Northeast · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 341

Hey Eli,

I'm doing the same trip you are.. but in reverse.

I'll be around Tahoe / Yosemite in May.

Moving back East to Portland, ME... this is my way of touring the rock I'll be missing out on for the next few weeks.

PM or txt/call me at 5033279441 and maybe we can figure out a day or two to meet up.

-rb

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Summer Road Trip Guidance/Help"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started