Mountain Project Logo

Granitica Festival 2017 The Soft Parade- Sedona Climbing

Original Post
Jeffrey Snyder · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined May 2011 · Points: 3,740

Steve Grossman just announced the fifth annual Granitica Festival happening September 2-3, 2017 10am to 6pm at the Museum of Northern Arizona in Flagstaff located at 3101 North Fort Valley Road 86001.

The theme for 2017 is: The Soft Parade- Sedona Climbing.

"We will be examining the history of climbing in the Sedona area from the classic Mace to the modern day.

A list of tentative speakers includes; Scott Baxter, Ross Hardwick, Geoff Parker, Paul Davidson, Larry Coats, Tim Coats, Jim Haisley, Steve Grossman, Stan Mish, Glenn Rink, John Mattson and Jeff Snyder with many to be announced as the route list comes together.

We are also planning to host a Sindicato Granitica banquet on Labor Day at a location to be determined. Come and meet the climbers who have made the amazing Arizona climbing scene what it is today.

Tickets for the two day Festival will be available for $25 plus tax through the Flagstaff Climbing Center. Once they are set up for ticket sales to begin I will announce it on this thread so please don't contact them before that time. seating is limited so make sure to buy your tickets ahead of the event.

If you would like to contribute to the Festival and/or Banquet please contact me. The good folks at Kahtoola are already on board as formal sponsors with more to be listed as the preparations move forward.

This will be the last NACHA historical festival in Arizona for a while so don't miss it!" -Steve Grossman

Scott M. McNamara · · Presidio San Augustine Del… · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 55
Jeffrey Snyder · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined May 2011 · Points: 3,740

Thanks Scott. I thought no Taco talk here at mountainspray ;) Hope to see you there!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Granitica Festival 2017 The Soft Parade- Sedona…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started