Thank God!

Original Post
BBQ · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 11,268

https://www.yahoo.com/news/conservationists-rally-and-kill-bill-to-sell-off-federal-land-200712286.html

Keep public lands in public hands!

Max Supertramp · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 15

sweet. glad the war is over.
i can go back to detachment now.....

no mo' problems brewin', fer sure.

keithconn · · LI, NY · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

This is just the beginning! We have to STAY STRONG! The fight to keep the beauty of this country intact is going to be threatened time and time again under the new 'administration '.

I need the nightmares to stop!

Andrewww · · Concord, NH · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 110

keithconn, it clearly says in the article that the bill was introduced several years ago so I don't think the current administration that has been in place for only a couple of weeks had much to do with the bill's creation. More likely it has to do with the house representatives in place in those states.

I really think one thing we need to take a look at in government is putting term limits on House and Senate seats. We have career politicians who tend to stay in these positions for far too long, sometimes their entire careers, and these are people who many have never held a blue-collar working job. Most people in this country go into a voting booth every 4 years ( yea they miss those in between elections that happen every two years) and they don't know much about the house representatives or senators, they vote based off of name recognition.

Congress and Senate are the real decision makers in this country and if you want to see real change, that is the place to start.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply