Mountain Project Logo

Looking for a guide Joshua Tree week of Feb 19

Original Post
kent campbell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hello!
Three brothers and their families seek a guide for a half day at Joshua Tree the week of Feb 20. We are beginning climbers with very little experience -- just want some time on the ropes with someone who knows what they are doing. Very flexible schedule, anytime Sunday through Thursday. I've tried emailing guiding companies found online. I though I'd ask if there were any freelancers interested. You can email me directly at:

campfamjoshtrip@mail.com

We are looking for fun experience, safe, laid back, kid friendly, good times.

Thanks much,

K

Jan Tarculas · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 808

check out

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_…

Very good guy

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
kent campbell wrote: I've tried emailing guiding companies found online. I though I'd ask if there were any freelancers interested. K
You've "tried" emailing guiding companies? Did they not respond? You can also call them.

Here's one I recommend for Joshua Tree:

vertical-adventures.com/cou…

You would ask for a guide for you and your friends, as opposed to signing up for a course.

Have fun.
Johnny Victor · · Joshua Tree · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

If you want to climb in Joshua Tree National Park you can't have a "freelance guide." All guide services MUST have a permit to operate within the park. The Park Service, local guide company's and local climbers frown on rouge non-permitted paid guides in the park. Joshua Tree has many GREAT guide services permitted to work in the Park but they are quite busy this time of year. You might want to try phoning them if they haven't responded to emails.

Nathan Large · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 8

If you want a top notch guide, then you can consider contacting one off of the AMGA website. amga.com/hire-a-guide/

James Schroeder · · Sauk County, WI · Joined May 2002 · Points: 3,052
Nathan Large wrote:If you want a top notch guide, then you can consider contacting one off of the AMGA website. amga.com/hire-a-guide/
I'd second this suggestion. Hire a permitted and AMGA certified guide or instructor.
Addem Bursh · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 855

I'll do it.

I love the catbox

Tom Headle · · Lakewood · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Hit up DynamicAscents.

kent campbell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Great thanks! Appreciate the suggestions. Found a great guide to lead the family excursion. Can't wait!

Gracias,

K

Mike0110 · · Long Beach, CA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 5
Burcheydawwwwwwg wrote:I'll do it. I love the catbox
locals only, braj.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply