Mt St Helens / Adams in June

Original Post
Daniel Kerouac · · Evanston, IL · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Hi All,

Looking to join anyone with a permit for St Helens for 06/26. I am also planning to do 2-day Mt Adams Monitor Ridge after that (sometime before July 1).

I am male, 30s, from Chicago, with technical mountaineering training.

Cheers,
Dan

SkyB · · PDX, OR · Joined May 2012 · Points: 0

Whoa Daniel, wish I could go. I've done both, Mt. Adams is amazing! Anybody who can hook up with you for this trip is gonna really be glad they did.

Daniel Kerouac · · Evanston, IL · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Yea, I am looking forward. Got my permit this week! Any recommendation on where to setup camp in Mt Adams (looking to do over 2 days)?

SkyB · · PDX, OR · Joined May 2012 · Points: 0

There are lots of rock shelters in the moraines. Even in the summer, be sure you've got a reliable way to mark your trail so you can find your way back down to camp. Could probably GPS it.

Allen Sanderson · · Oootah · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,135
Daniel Kerouac wrote:Hi All, Looking to join anyone with a permit for St Helens for 06/26. I am also planning to do 2-day Mt Adams Monitor Ridge after that (sometime before July 1).
You should figure out which mountain you are on, hint Monitor Ridge is on Mt. St. Helens not Mt. Adams. :-)
Alfred Dunn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

For Mt Adams I would set up camp at the lunch counter if you are coming from that side, it has lots of kinda sheltered rocky areas to put your tent. I'm also seconding marking your campsite with gps. It took me a solid half hour to find it again when I got back

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply