Mountain Project Logo

stupid idea: soft rifle case to carry stuff inside a bouldering pad?

Original Post
Nivel Egres · · New York, NY · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 130

I saw one of these gun carrying cases one some website and thought that it might be a perfect solution to carrying shit inside a bouldering pad. It's flat and big and might actually be padded so it can be used to sit on while putting on my shoes. Would a pair of shoes, large chalk bucket and some bars fit in such a thing?

Danger-Russ Gordon · · Orem UT · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 590

I've never tried it, but you're probably right

Phil Sakievich · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 105

Why don't you just put the stuff inside the bouldering pad, cinch it down with the pad's straps, and let the friction/foam deformation keep it there? Works for me.

Nivel Egres · · New York, NY · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 130
Phil Sakievich wrote:Why don't you just put the stuff inside the bouldering pad, cinch it down with the pad's straps, and let the friction/foam deformation keep it there? Works for me.
It gets annoying if you have small or thin items - brushes, knee pads etc. I have not figured out a clean way to carry all my shit yet and have lost some.
Greg Maschi · · Phoenix ,Az · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0

My soft gun case would fit the shoes and flat items fine (a nalgene just fits), my chalk bucket does not fit , I used to just throw everything in my bd bullet pack, clip it a handle or strap and fold it inside my pad.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply