Mountain Project Logo

Snow in Joe's Valley?

Original Post
eddysamson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 1,030

Temps look decent in Joe's in 2 weeks when I'll be in SLC for youth Nationals. Is there much snow in the valley? None in the forecast between now and then, should be good climbing right?

Creed A · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 775

There is a webcam at Joes Valley reservoir that you can google. I thought about going out today but decided against it by the amount of snow on the ground. Check the cam closer to your visit.

Thank you thats a really useful tool for this! It looks like there's just one day of slight snow showers from now to the 12th and lots of 40-50's and sunny days. Think that will melt it all and dry it out by the 12th?

DustinM · · SLC, UT · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 10

I was in New Joe's today (1/29) for work. Things could change a lot in 2 weeks but just a heads up - there was about 12-18" of snow. If one or two good storms roll in between now and the 12th, I'd imagine there could still be quite a bit on the ground. If I'm out there before the 12th, I'll post up again.

DustinM wrote:I was in New Joe's today (1/29) for work. Things could change a lot in 2 weeks but just a heads up - there was about 12-18" of snow. If one or two good storms roll in between now and the 12th, I'd imagine there could still be quite a bit on the ground. If I'm out there before the 12th, I'll post up again.
Thank you!
Creed A · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 775

Anyone been recently? How much snow did they get in the last storm? How much has melted? Is tomorrow possible?

Thanks

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply