Red Rocks Feb 5-8 with kids in tow...

Original Post
pat a · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

My son is due in SLC on the 10th for a comp, so we decided to fly the whole clown show (parents, toddler, 6 & 9 year olds) to vegas and climb wherever the weather permits en route. I assume that'll mostly be @ Red Rock. Arriving late on the 4th and probably staying in a hotel in Vegas to give the younger ones a little reward for humoring us on yet another climbing trip. It'll be a slowish start on Sunday.

We're mostly RRG climbers, and climb sport at a hard 5.10/easy 5.11 onsight level most places in the east. Trad up to about 5.9 or 5.10a, but much happier at the easier end of things. With the 6 year old we like to get in lots of 5.easy routes as well.

With the young ones, it'll be mostly single pitch cragging with shorter approaches. I'd love to get a couple 2-4 pitch climbs in, though, as the RRG is sorely lacking in that department..

We'll be well set as far as gear goes. Cams from X4/C4 .1 to #5 with doubles from .3-#3, pair of 70 meter ropes, stoppers, draws, etc.

If you have kids and want to make a family day of it sometime in there, or if you're solo and like kids enough to climb them, drop me a line. Happy to climb with all skill levels if you're safe and good people.

Jsanders195 Sanders · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 0

Hi I'm flying solo and would love to get some climbing in on mon. I climb mb at same level, will be super casual, gotta jet by 2! I'd proposed be more up for some sport. Im originally from atl so sorely miss rrg!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply