HCR Group Camping

Original Post
.Alex. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Howdy,

I haven't been to HCR yet, and was wondering if there's any sort of "group" camping in the main campground, reservations etc, or is it just a first-come first-serve kind of thing? I know the camping + climbing pass is $15 a day. Thanks for any help!

Justin Barrett · · Russellville, AR · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

There's no 'group' site. It's just an area with some benches and campfire rings. And yeah it's basically first come first serve, but there's plenty of room for a good chunk of people to stay there

.Alex. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Thanks for the info! Do you know if there's a specific area that's sorta secluded so a big group won't bother anyone else, or is it all kind of wide open?

Justin Barrett · · Russellville, AR · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Hmm I'll try to give good directions. When you are in the camping area, start at the bathrooms, looking at the doors to the bathrooms. Follow the road right to the forested area. That forest area before the sign saying 'no camping beyond this point' is about the most secluded area you can get. There's also the area below and to the right of the bathroom (again looking at the bathroom doors as reference) by the bridge to North Forty, but that could get some people hiking by early in the morning and afternoon.

The closer to the cabin you sign in you are, the more you could be bothered by people driving in.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply