Mountain Project Logo

Looking for partners for March 12-16

Original Post
Benjamin F · · Crescent City, CA · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 940

My girlfriend and I just booked a flight to Las Vegas, and we're very excited. We're going to be arriving March 12 around noon, and staying until March 16.

We're planning on doing a night or two doing the tourist thing and walking the strip, but we very much would like to get out and climb. We'd like to do most of our climbing on the 13th and 14th, however, we're flexible.

The original plan was to pack all of our climbing gear and get a rental car once we're there. However...

A few questions:
Is it possible to get to and from the climbing areas without renting a car, and instead relying on Uber or taxis?

Is there anyone who'd be willing to partner up and let us "rent" a rope, as a rope will prove to be the most expensive thing to fly out there.

What we're really hoping for is a cool crag group who'd be willing to show us around and just hang out and climb. We're happy to reimburse in however you deem reasonable, eg beer, gas money, dinner, etc.
Like I said, we're flexible. If a group is willing to show us around, but aren't willing to lend a rope, totally understandable.
If someone has a rope they're willing to rent us for like $20 a day and send us on our way, that's cool too. We're just looking for help/guidance of any kind, to make our first Red Rock experience a good one.

A little about us... we're both in our 20's, we both work in the medical field. I've been climbing 15+ years, she's been climbing about a year. She's comfortable with 5.9, and I'm at around 5.10+ on a good day, but I'm hoping to get back into 5.11 shape before we leave.

Please message or reply if you're willing to help, thanks and cheers in advance :)

Benjamin F · · Crescent City, CA · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 940

Bump. Any way I can sweeten a deal?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply