Santa Barbara/ Goleta room rental /partner /workspace needed

Original Post
Michael DeNicola · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0

Hello gang,

This post is me seeking 3 separate things: a room for rent, a workshop, and a climbing partner. Bonus points if you can help me with 2 or more.

I will be starting a new job as a research assistant at UCSB in February and as such I need to move to SB now. The thing is I have been dirt bagging for about 8 months now and the notion of paying SB rent for a 6 month job kills me, but the forester I've been living in is just too small for me to be an urban dirtbag in. For this reason I would like to sell my car and build a truck bed camper.

Room to Rent

My budget is $500-$1000/month but I would prefer to stay on the lower end of that spectrum.
I am a 23 y/o male. Clean-ish (I don't leave rotten food out but I do tend to be a little messy). No pets. Looking to rent for 3-6 months (end date is still up in the air because the work is seasonal, minimum 3 months) starting Feb 1.

My plan is to find a place in SB/Goleta that I can use as a home base while I sell my car and construct the above mentioned camper. So if anyone has a space for rent and/or workshop I could use please send me a PM. At this point my definition of a living space is pretty flexible and I would happily camp in your backyard/garage, share a room etc. so long as you let me use the shower periodically.

To be clear I need a place to stay regardless of whether or not it has a shop space and I would prefer to live with climbers so please let me know if you have any offers.

Workshop needs

I'm hoping to build a truck bed RV that would be tall enough to stand or at least slouch in so a relatively large space would be necissary. Tools help too, but I am willing to purchase my own if need be. This project would definitely be pushing my abilities as a carpenter so a host with experience to lend is also a plus, I will happily reimburse you for your time with beer.

I have basic schematics for the project drawn up already but I am still very much so in the planning phase. If you have any knowledge that could be useful or would like to help me with this project please PM me and I can give you more info.

Climbing partner
Last but not least, I am also in search of a climbing partner for my time out there so if none of the above stuff interests you I am a 5.9 trad leader with a rack (follows up to 11a, looking to push into 10s) who also likes bouldering (has pad) but would prefer to stay off of sport climbs if possible. With that said I just want to get on rock so let me know if you're in need of a partner of any kind! I've been trad climbing for about 2 years and leading sport for about 4.

Thanks y'all, have fun and stay safe out there.
-Mike

Jeff Luton · · Ventucky Ca · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Dirtbag in SB area, shooting the pm on partner but unfortunately can not spare the van space

Stephen D · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 20

I'm a climber who lives next to (and attends) UCSB. I'll pm you.

Michael DeNicola · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0

Woo! Partners! I'm trying to climb Sunday afternoon and Monday day. Let me know if you're interested.

713-577-9434

-Mike

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply