Jtree camping reservations

Original Post
Fernando Cal · · Long Beach, CA · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0

What gives?! every weekend from now until june is booked at indian cove. I remember when you could book a few weeks out. Now nothing until June when the sun's rays start cooking even before daybreak...

Ive also heard of organizations booking sites then charging to camp with them. Doesnt seem legal, but what do i know. Maybe i'll read stuff online and become a self-taught lawyer.

rant over

anyone got a site you wanna share? :)

DanielHart · · Carpinteria ca · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Jtree is a trendy spot right now too. Lots of photo shoots and rallies and club meet ups are happening there. It would be cool if some type of special section could be set up for those that are actually interacting with nature instead of the more abusive user groups.

plantmandan · · Brighton, CO · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 0

From that NPS press release about record attendance:

"In order to ease congestion, the park is planning future projects including additional entrance facilities, a new visitor center and a shuttle service in cooperation with the Morongo Basin Transit Authority. Park officials are also considering a “campsite by reservation only” program to help ease camping capacity issues.

Park officials recommend visitors come early in the day and consider mid-week when possible, to avoid crowds. Campers are encouraged to consider reserving a private site out of the park or even camp on surrounding BLM lands.

Reservation camping only? Yikes.

Fernando Cal · · Long Beach, CA · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0
plantmandan wrote:From that NPS press release about record attendance: "In order to ease congestion, the park is planning future projects including additional entrance facilities, a new visitor center and a shuttle service in cooperation with the Morongo Basin Transit Authority. Park officials are also considering a “campsite by reservation only” program to help ease camping capacity issues. Park officials recommend visitors come early in the day and consider mid-week when possible, to avoid crowds. Campers are encouraged to consider reserving a private site out of the park or even camp on surrounding BLM lands. Reservation camping only? Yikes.
Went yesterday and woow what a difference. Ample parking in all lots, it was quiet, no music blasting, it was just amazing. With amazing weather too. I dread going during weekends now...
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply