Boston /r/Climbing Meetup - Feb 19

Original Post
Chris Blatchley · · Somerville, MA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Reddit climbers in the Greater Boston area, come enjoy each others company at Quincy Quarry, February 19, 2017.

We will all get together for hopefully a good day of climbing in nice weather. This is a casual event, not really organized other than a few PMs on reddit, so bring food and gear and we can swap stories about how BKB is too expensive, that Rumney is too far away, ice climbing season is awesome, whatever.

Hopefully the weather will be nice that weekend, but if not, suggestions on a backup plan are welcome (maybe a gym instead?). Hope to see you all there!

Derek Jf · · Northeast · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 345

Hello, Im Derek how are you. What gear do you use for your anchor and what kind of anchor do you set, how long have you been facilitating climbing on your own gear for other rock climbers

DGoguen · · Conway NH · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0
Derek Jf wrote:Hello, Im Derek how are you. What gear do you use for your anchor and what kind of anchor do you set, how long have you been facilitating climbing on your own gear for other rock climbers
Objection. Your honor.
Counselor is badgering the witness.
Tim McGivern · · Medford, ma · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 8,176

Are only Reddit users invited?
Sounds like a fun event. Why QQ?

Andy Rasmussen · · MA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 45
Tim McGivern wrote:Are only Reddit users invited? Sounds like a fun event. Why QQ?
Yeah seriously, QQ is only fun if you're into smearing on graffiti.
Derek Jf wrote:Hello, Im Derek how are you. What gear do you use for your anchor and what kind of anchor do you set, how long have you been facilitating climbing on your own gear for other rock climbers
I expect a lot of people will bring their own gear, and we can all evaluate the top rope anchors if necessary. I don't expect everybody to climb on my own gear, I'll probably only set up one top rope. I appreciate your cautiousness though!

If you are really interested, I have 30' of static 10.1mm rope which I will tie around some of the giant metal pegs above and use either bunny ears or equalized alpine butterflies for the master point. I've only been climbing for about 7 months, and don't expect anybody to take me as an authority, but I also trust people can decide for themselves who and what anchors to trust.

> Are only Reddit users invited?
> Sounds like a fun event. Why QQ?

We are going to Quincy Quarry because it's a reasonably good crag around Boston. We opted to not go to a gym because climbing outside is fun!

This is definitely open to non-reddit climbers!
Jim Sweeney · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 30

Chris,

Are you related to this guy?

The Wiz

Jim Sweeney wrote: Chris, Are you related to this guy?
A spectre is haunting Mountain Project...
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply