Mountain Project Logo

Help! Weather is jackin up our trip

Original Post
ZFish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 320

To anyone who can help. A couple of friends and I are on a trip to Utah from Rhode Island. We flew out to salt lake to ski/ride for a few days with plans to head south to red rock, but have been watching the weather and we aren't trying to get on any wet sandstone! From what we can tell the weather looks like shit for red rock, st. George, Moab etc...we are basically just looking for any ideas for places to climb over the weekend where we won't be ripping holds off. We have all our cold weather camping gear, double rack, 2 70meter ropes, and a serious appetite for craft beer. Someone local please just point us in the right direction. Thanks everyone!

Donovan Allen · · Subaru · Joined May 2012 · Points: 415

I would probably recommend skiing some more, being totally serious. Unless you are willing to drive to considerable distance things look wet. You could try checking out Sun City which is by St. George and is limestone. Whenever I am on a trip in that area if it starts to have a lot of precip in the future I just head down to Cochise stronghold

Mike S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

There is some Limestone in the Utah Hills near St. George. The Woodbury area is pretty fun. Its supposed to rain/snow for the next few days though.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply