Mountain Project Logo

Partners for Alpine Climbing - Tetons and Wind River Range - Summer 2017

Original Post
Karl Henize · · June Lake, CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 570
UPDATE:

My plans have changed. I will be in the Cascades this summer, and will likely not be able to do any trips in the Tetons or Wind River Range.

But, by all means, feel free to keep using this thread to find partners and facilitate some awesome adventures!

ORIGINAL POST:

I am looking for partners to climb many of the classic moderate alpine climbs in both the Tetons and the Wind River Range, during the summer climbing season. My dates are flexible.

I am also interested in bouldering, cragging, whitewater kayaking, trail running, and other outdoor activities, but my primary interest is alpine climbing.
Alex Quinn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 0

Hey Karl, I will almost certainly be floating around looking for partners around that time. It's a bit early for me to tell exactly where I'll be but it sounds like we're interested in similar objectives. I'll send you a DM with my contact info.

-Alex

Zach Kleppe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

I am new to climbing, and my main interest is around alpine climbing. I would like to find a good partner to climb with, and to just get more experience from climbing with others. I am still new and my next trip is in April to climb Mt. Hood with a friend. At the moment I'm climbing alone on my weeks off.

I am interested in climbing the Tetons Karl & Alex.

Code Whittaker · · Annapolis, MD · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 10

Hey, I'm trying to make it down to Wyoming during the summer. I don't know if I'll be there exactly the same time but I'll post another answer when I know exactly the time I'll be there. I made an attempt at the lower and upper exum ridge this last summer but ended up having to bail, so I would absolutely love to try again.

Thomas Carson · · Grand Teton National Park · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 93

I will be working in the Tetons this summer, so I'll be around from early June to maybe mid-September. I'll be looking for partners as well, so keep in touch, Karl (and whoever else).

Pierce Libbey · · Wisconsin · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 20

I too will be out and about in Wyoming--always looking to climb!

joshanderson919 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Definitely interested in some sport climbing and mountaineering for this summer! With OP or anybody else interested

NathanC · · Logan, Utah · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 10

I would be more than happy to get up on the Grand again, and/or explore a few of the others. Same goes for the winds. Flexible with dates in July, and I live 3 hours away so short-notice bluebird days are no problem!

Karl Henize · · June Lake, CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 570

My plans have changed. I will be in the Cascades this summer, and will likely not be able to do any trips in the Tetons or Wind River Range.

But, by all means, feel free to keep using this thread to find partners and facilitate some awesome adventures!

Mike Kubes · · Duluth MN · Joined May 2014 · Points: 103

Warbonnet and Pingora are both on my list for this summer. I was thinking the end of July early August. All I need is a partner that is willing to commit....

Joven · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 15

Mike or anybody else, any availability the first week of September? I think the weather would still warrant the Cirque then.

Mike Kubes · · Duluth MN · Joined May 2014 · Points: 103

Joven, First week in Sept. would work for me. My schedule is pretty flexible

Joven, I should be free that week as well.

To anybody who may be around, I will arrive in the Tetons on May 22nd and have until June 3rd before I start work in the park.

longlep · · Reno, NV · Joined May 2014 · Points: 20

Hi,

I am free from July 18th to August 6th and from August 14th until mid September.  I am excited to get out to the Winds and possibly the Tetons.  I am more interested in alpine rock climbing that scrambling/mountaineering.  I would like to find an experienced partner that can swing leads in the 5.10 to 5.12- range.  In the Tetons I would be excited to climb the South Buttress of Mt. Moran, stuff in Death Canyon, or Bean's Shining Wall of Storms.  I don't know the winds as well as the Tetons, but would like to try Jaded Lady or Black Elk.  I will also be driving by the Sawtooths and could go to the Perch during my first chunk of free time.  Let me know if anyone has a big chunk of time off and is interested in climbing some of this stuff!  Hope everyone has a great alpine climbing season.

Code Whittaker · · Annapolis, MD · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 10

Hey Longlep, 

I'm going to be in colorado for about a month and I plan to make a trip up to Wyoming for a week or two while I'm there (pretty much the exact same time period). I'm looking to do some harder climbs, and have been looking at Bean's shining wall of storms and a few others for awhile now. I can fairly comfortable lead in the upper 11s in trad and can push into the easy 12s with an occasional fall. Hit me up if you want to make some attempts at some harder climbs. Anyone else that needs a partner in that time period I'd be down to climb with as well. 206-552-3918

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply