Mountain Project Logo

WTB: Size 46 Mountaineering Boots

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Brandon Payne · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Open to anything really! Looking forward to see what you guys have. Thanks!

Tobin Story · · Woodinville, WA · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 35

I have Scarpa Mt. Blanc Pro, size 46. Worn for one climb, in near new condition. I'd let them go for $300, or make me an offer.

Thanks for the offer! I'll definitely keep you in mind. I'm not in a huge hurry to buy, so give me some time to see if I can come up with my preferred shoe. Thanks!

Alexander K · · The road · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 130

I've got a pair of AKU Montagnards that I'd sell shipped for $200. Like new. PM me if you want more info. They are very similar to the Nepals or Mont Blancs. Are you looking for a mountaineering boot or an ice climbing boot? What is your intended use?

@Alexander K

Im more looking for a Mountaineering boot. If it could double as an ice climbing boot, that would be awesome, but it's not my primary focus.

Alexander K · · The road · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 130

The Phantom Guide and Phantom 6000 have more of technical focus and are very stiff for climbing steep ice. The 6000 is great for very high altitude and cold stuff (Alaska, South America etc...) but is overkill for anything in the lower 48 unless you have very cold feet. I have a pair of Phantom Guides and love them for ice but they are mixed bag when doing a lot of hiking.

I took the AKU Montagnards on two solo climbs on Rainier and they were perfect. If you are looking to do a lot of walking on less technical terrain, than getting something durable and without a full shank will be much more comfortable. Not having the built in gaiter will also make the boots last longer as the zippers fail eventually.

AlpineIce · · Upstate, NY · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 255

I know you said size 46, but I have a pair of Phantom 6000s, size 45, new condition for sale. Being that they're a double boot, I thought there may be a chance they'd fit.

6000s
Soles

Mtn Ape XL · · Utah · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 131

@Alexander K

Thank you for the information man. I really appreciate it. How much use have those boots seen and about how old are they?

Mtn Ape XL · · Utah · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 131

I have had them for about 6 years...bought them new...used them for local ice climbs for 3 seasons and one trip to Rainer two summers ago...shoulder injury keeps me from using them for the last two years..they are bomber...no problems anywhere on them...they just don't look out of the box brand new any more...

Jack C · · Green River, UT · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 325

I've got some Nepal extremes I was planning to sell. 46 and definitely used but able to hold their own due to the extra insulation. No 6000 but better than your average ice boot I'd guess. PM if you want pictures. I was hoping to get about 200 for them as shipping is going to be hefty due to their weight.

Dark Helmet · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 995

I have a pair of nepal evo gtx in 46.5. I'm size 11.5 to 12 in most street shoes. PM if interested. sportiva.com/nepal-evo-gtx.…

Jedediah · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 35
boots
These are Lowa Cevett extreme size 49....if you are wearing thick socks this might work $100 + shipping! Or best offer! Message if interested!

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started