Mountain Project Logo

North West Ohio Climbers?

Original Post
willynelson · · Western New York · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

Man, slim pickens out here! I am going to be living in Tiffin, Ohio for the next year and a half and am wondering if there are people out this way that are finding ways to scratch their climbing itch. I do have some weekends available and I do make the 5 hour drive down to the Red when I can, but there are long stretches where I can't make a weekend trip like that work. I take some nights when I can and drive the 1.5 hrs to Vertical Adventures (VA) in Columbus. I also do what I can to stay in shape for it, but I am by no means a great climber and just want to practice the skill of it and movement for it as much as possible. In the past, I have found weird little general fitness gyms that have a woody or climbing wall of some sort, but have had no luck here in Tiffin. Anyone know of anything like that that is in North West Ohio or closer then VA where I could improve? I'd appreciate any ideas! Thanks MP

Dylan Graves · · Livingston, MT · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 5
Climbing Gyms in Ohio

Looks like there is a couple closer than Columbus. I don't know if they're any good, but the one in Gilboa seems decent and is at least an hour closer than Columbus from Tiffin.

University of Toledo or Oberlin's gym might not be too bad, either.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply