posting comments

Original Post
mike varlotta · · Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0

I am planning a summer road trip to new areas and have been posting questions on the pages of different states and areas. I notice sometimes that a reply appears in a box in the post of certain people. How do you do this? I can only figure out how to put up another post that shows up in what sometimes becomes a long thread of comments. Sometimes, I feel like i want to reply specifically to one comment in particular and it would be nice to have that reply show up in the post of that person.

neils · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0
mike varlotta wrote:I am planning a summer road trip to new areas and have been posting questions on the pages of different states and areas. I notice sometimes that a reply appears in a box in the post of certain people. How do you do this? I can only figure out how to put up another post that shows up in what sometimes becomes a long thread of comments. Sometimes, I feel like i want to reply specifically to one comment in particular and it would be nice to have that reply show up in the post of that person.
do you mean the quote button? on the right of the comment you want to reference...like i am doing here.
mike varlotta · · Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0
neils wrote: do you mean the quote button? on the right of the comment you want to reference...like i am doing here.
hmm, let's try it. if so, that's easy and thanks
Jason Todd · · Cody, WY · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 643

Posting beta requests on the pages and areas will probably yield less than desirable results. Those areas aren't "seen" as often and may go unanswered. Even if you quote a person, they won't know it unless they happen to check back in to that page. A lot of places may have comments from years ago, by users that aren't particularly active.

The forum will probably get you better results.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply