Mountain Project Logo

Removing Forum Posts From Homepage

Original Post
Seth Jones · · New Lenox, IL · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 25

It would be awesome if we could customize our homepage to completely remove the forum posts or change that section to only include a subforum.

I love the pictures, news, route guide, ect on the homepage but the forums just continue to deteriorate into useless garbage but are still the focal point of the MP frontpage. It's gettin old.

T Roper · · DC,VA,NM,UT,CT,MA · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 860

1200 posts in less than 2 years, maybe you need to step away for a while?

Make your home state your own homepage?

T Roper wrote:1200 posts in less than 2 years, maybe you need to step away for a while? Make your home state your own homepage?
That's the idea. I'd rather not see the constant stream of garbage threads that I'm trying to avoid. I guess I could completely hang it up on MP but I still find some of the content to be valuable.

I can't be the only one who would like to use MP without being smacked in the face with asinine thread titles every time I visit. It's like a trainwreck that you'd rather not see but can't help but look at when it's happening right in front of you.

But who knows, maybe it's just me.
FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

Why can't you just ignore the forums if you don't like them?

FrankPS wrote:Why can't you just ignore the forums if you don't like them?
As previously stated, the new forum posts are the focal point of the MP homepage. I was making a suggestion that IMO would better the website.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply